For water, users should be supplied either cards or keys from the Intermunicipal Port Office of Chios or from the port captain. One cubic water costs 3,00 €.
Cards of pillars are worth 5,00 € and 10,00 €.
To use a pillar with key, required an initial measurement from the port captain and the amount depends on the consumption.
For electricity, users should be supplied either cards or keys from the Port Office of Chios or from the port captain. One kilowatt costs 0,30 €.
Cards of pillars are worth 5,00 € and 10,00 €.
To use a pillar with key required an initial measurement from the port captain and the amount depends on the consumption.
Waste Collection of Solid / Liquid Wastes
Solid wastes collected by refuse vehicles of Chios Municipality.
Liquid wastes temporarily collected after consultation with the Intermunicipal Port Office of Chios. Under construction is the receipt plan of residues.
Additional Amenities / Charges
In Leoforos Aigaiou Street you will find the following banks and ATMs:
- National Bank
- Alpha Bank
- Piraeus Bank
1. Olympic Air: From / To: Athens. Available at: https:www.olympicair.com/
2. Aegean Airlines: From / To: Athens. Available in: www.aegeanair.com
3. Astra Airlines: From / To: Thessaloniki. Available in: www.astra-airlines.gr
4. Sky Express: From / To: Crete / Rhodes / Samos / Mytilini / Lemnos
During the summer there is connection with various European cities by charter flights.
Ferry Itineraries to / from Chios
1. Hellenic Seaways: From / To: Piraeus Mytilene. Available in:www.hellenicseaways.gr
2. Blue Star Ferries: From / To: Piraeus Mytilene. Available in: www.bluestarferries.gr
3. Oinoussai III: Oinousses are nine nautical miles from the main port of Chios and just an hour with F / B «Oinoussai III", which performs daily itinerary. The ship can also transports cars. Also from Lagada Chios, located directly opposite the Oinousses starting water taxis that take you to the island in about 20 minutes.
4. Psara Glory: Psara are 44 nautical miles from the main port of Chios and just 3 and a half hours by boat «Psara Glory», which performs daily itinerary. The ship can also transports cars. Available in: www.psara-link.gr/
5. San Nicolas και Chios: From / To: Cesme (Turkey) daily. Departure from Chios in the morning and return in the afternoon.
6. Erturk I και Erturk II: From / To: Cesme (Turkey), every Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Departure from Cesme in the morning and return in the afternoon days that routes are operated.
7. Ege Birlik: From / To: Cesme (Turkey) every Thursday, Saturday, Sunday Departure from Cesme in the morning and return in the afternoon days that routes are operated.
1. Rent a car, motorcycle, moped or bicycle.
2. By taxi:Taxi is a cheap and convenient way to move anywhere on the island. For short distances we charge according to the taximeter, and for long distances trips price can be arranged in advance. Taxi stand is in the central city square. Taxi always waiting at the airport after arrival in port and when the ship comes. Also, you can call radio-taxi with or without an appointment.Telephones (24 hours):(22710) 41111, 43 312, 43 313
3. You can move with buses (blue) in the city and nearby areas. The main lines are to Vrontados (north) and to Karfas, Kampos and nearby villages (south). City Buses leave in front of the City Hall. Address and phones: Od. Sgouta 1, 82100 Chios, tel (22710) 23 086
4. You can move by bus (green buses) throughout the island. The starting point of bus is near the main square, behind the Homeric Cultural Centre. Address and phones: Od. Petrokokkinos 4, 82100 Chios, tel (22710) 24257, 27507, fax. (22710) 43166
At 1.5 km north of the city are the mills of the island located at Tampakika. In the 19th and 20th century, developed on the island of a small-scale industrial infrastructure. The main product of small industries were treated skins, produced in tanneries. The four windmills they were part of this industrial production.
- Enjoy your coffee at Vounaki square under huge trees or in the green, the Municipal Chios garden (over the square),
- Drink coffee on the waterfront overlooking the sea (the port of Chios),
- Take a walk in Aplotaria, central market of Chios.
City suburb to the south. Campos, one of the most beautiful areas of the island is overgrown area covered mostly by citrus orchards. The area chosen by the Genoese, to build the villas of the 14th century and by the local aristocrats in later years. Unfortunately the massacre of 1822 and the earthquake of 1881 destroyed these important buildings. Most existing houses have been built in the late 19th Century. Tall walls built with Thymiana stones protect each property and orchards from the wind and cold.
The gardens watered by deep wells.